Oh yeah, life goes on

It’s been 2 months since my last post and life really does go on. At an alarming pace!

So how was Christmas for you all? Now we are deep into the year all New Years resolutions must surely be confined to the bin. I didn’t make any this year because the reality is that staying alive and well is simply enough.

Christmas for us was great after the cancer rollercoaster last year. Even milestone days which I’ve always found difficult are getting slightly easier. I’m not saying I’m planning my retirement again just yet, but I do now think out-surviving tinned produce may be possible. Unless its corned beef as I’m sure we have some that pre-dates Stephen and me.

2018 is over and done and we have moved on, literally and figuratively. We moved house on the 19th December and I’m pleased to report that we still love the place. We have appointed an architect to help us make some changes and I can’t wait. It’s a peaceful place with fab views.

I’ve also returned to work after 15 months away. I’m sure that in a few months time I will be moaning about it but for now I’m loving the return to normality. I’ve changed jobs and have been completely honest with my new employer and they have been great. There are some horror stories out there I know, so I do feel blessed.

I've done a couple of talks including one at Briony's school, which whilst nerve racking, I really enjoyed. There are several more planned for later in the year.

We've also just come back from Dubai, which was another great family holiday.

Some days now I do wake up and it all seems just like a horrible dream. And then I look down and realise that sadly it isn't. But the routine of work has really helped with not thinking about it all day, every day and having something else in my life to focus on. I get tired (9pm is often a late night for me now), but I've also learned to listen to my body a whole lot more.

Life is punctuated by different things now, rather than the 3 weekly routine of chemotherapy/antibodies. This time a year ago I had one more chemo to go and life was touch and go. Now I'm blessed to have some normality back - I never thought I would enjoy the routine of going to work but I do!

Having said that, the date of my next CT scan is rapidly approaching. It's next Friday and so the general fog of anxiety looms over me once more. I have the scan on Friday and then the results on Tuesday evening as my consultant knows I'm not great inbetween the scan and the results. I've also been pushing to get access to a drug not yet commercially available in the UK so hopefully there will be some news on that.....fingers crossed on all fronts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Fuckety fuck fuck

A tale of 2 pairs of shoes.......