Life continues as normal......

I've had some complaints (strongly worded comments!) that I haven't been keeping people up to date. Criticism accepted. Just don't moan that it's boring!

So here we are on 20th February a mere 8 days before the next onslaught. I have to admit that this cycle has been harder. I think perhaps it is because the drugs from the first cycle are still in my system and so a lot of the effects are cumulative. Or perhaps it is just that the honeymoon period is over!

I have been pretty knackered this cycle and only just feel like I am coming out of it. On the positive side I have had a fairly lousy cold (nothing positive there) but have managed to stay out of hospital despite this. Nausea and vomiting have also been a feature. I probably talked this up when I said I had a couple of spa days coming up!

We've had half term since I last wrote. It started with a trip to Jack and Alice in Thame with Angela and Molly on the Monday. Briony had french toast with bacon and maple syrup which she hoovered up, followed by a large piece of mint chocolate cake. She couldn't manage it all, so I did the honours!

After that we had a few days in Dorset with Stephen's parents Tony and Steph. The purpose of this was 2-fold. Firstly to help with Briony and secondly to help with me if I wasn't doing so well. It's a beautiful part of the world, but unfortunately the weather was against us for 2 of the 3 days we were there. However, we forced ourselves out every day, even in the driving rain. The last day we were there was lovely, so we went out for a longer walk. Briony really enjoyed being in the open air, even if my heart was racing as she stood on the cliff tops! Thank you Tony and Steph for looking after me so well over those few days.







On Friday, we had a real treat and went to see Ovo - Cirque Du Soleil at the Royal Albert Hall. Stephen and I were lucky enough to see a similar production when we were in Las Vegas a number of years ago and it was always something that I had wanted to Briony to see. It didn't disappoint. The things that those guys can do with their bodies are absolutely super human. Words simply don't do it justice and neither, to be honest, do the videos you can see on YouTube. It made me think that if they can do that, then I can easily fight this cancer thing. Briony was absolutely enthralled from start to finish. The salted caramel ice-cream at the interval no doubt also helped!

Saturday was a trip into London with my friend Claire. When we were in Ibiza in the summer before this whole sorry episode we went to Ushuaia and had an amazing night. There were a number of DJs but the one we really enjoyed the most was The Kungs. So I duly purchased 2 tickets when they came up a while ago for a gig at the Ministry of Sound, again before all of this started. Ministry of Sound is a place I'm fairly familiar with.....about 15 years ago! Long overdue for a return clearly. However, we were doing it a slightly different way this time with a hotel booked for the evening. I fully admit that we are no longer spring chickens (sorry Claire!) and so the first thing we did when we arrived at the hotel late afternoon was.....have a snooze! Suitably refreshed we headed out for a very late dinner and congratulated ourselves on actually managing to stay awake and eat at an hour when we would normally be heading off to bed! Then off to the Ministry. I have decided that this is a far more productive way of dealing with my insomnia. I can't sleep anyway so may as well go out and do something! The set was great, as was the lie-in the next morning, followed by a healthy breakfast at one of deliciously Ella's cafes. Handily it was just around the corner from Selfridges which as it turns out is remarkably quiet on a Sunday morning. Shoe fetish duly satisfied, we headed home.

And so Briony is back at school and life takes on its new reality.

I have booked the appointment with the surgeon. This is on the 20th March, which coincidentally is also the date that I will next see my oncologist. A big day again.....


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Fuckety fuck fuck

A tale of 2 pairs of shoes.......