Spoke too soon.......

Am writing this on the iPhone for the first time so no idea if it will work or not.

It would appear I spoke too soon on how well cycle 2 was going as I’m currently sat in isolation in Stoke Mandeville hospital. Bollocks.

My temperature went up last night so as is protocol I trekked across to A&E. I couldn’t help thinking this was my penance for the one glass of prosecco I’d enjoyed earlier in the day, my first since Christmas. Usual drill of bloods and IV antibiotics whilst waiting for the bloods to come back, except this time they weren’t fine. I have febrile neutropenia.

This is quite scary because I actually feel fine. I have a cold but nothing I can’t manage, but it is apparently this that has tipped me over the edge as my poor immune system is non-existent.

I need to stay in until my blood counts hit a certain level and I haven’t had a temperature for 24 hours. My blood counts today are the same as yesterday, so haven’t moved. Let’s see what tomorrow brings....,.,

Comments

  1. Oh bugger! Still good on you for following protocol.

    Hope neutrophils behave them self so you can go home swiftly!

    Love to all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Virtual hugs. Hope things get themselves sorted out quickly. Hxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Fuckety fuck fuck

A tale of 2 pairs of shoes.......